Saturday, January 26, 2008

Destination Jakarta

I bought my bike in 2003, it was Honda GLS 200 aka Honda Tiger in Bali, firstly i just bought it so i can go to work easily and then i found a mailing list for this type of motorcycle in the net. It was a discussion forum called Honda Tiger Mailing List or HTML with Honda Tiger as a main topic, at that time the mailing list has 200 member around the country and i was the only member from Bali.

Because of this mailing list i knew a lot about my bike, how to ride it safely and properly and not to mention a lot of friends around the country. Now the mailing list has grown as one of the largest motorcycle community in Indonesia with thousands members and own one of the top automotive site in the country www.honda-tiger.or.id

Knows it and loves it , thats a suit word for me and my bike, on 2004 i decide it to took my annual leaves and ride home to Jakarta with my friend Satriyo. It was my first experience to ride that far and long. Surely a great experience, two days on the road, a great view, and a chance to visit many cities that i never been there before.

Semarang, my friend Satriyo hometown and his destination for the trip, I continue ride alone to Jakarta after that. Finally I parked my bike at my garage in Jakarta after 11 hours ride alone from Semarang. I remember it was a glorious moment for me at dusk 2 hours before Eid Pray, my mother opened the the door for me and didnt realize that his son just ride 1300 km from Bali on bike, she yelled at me an hour later after found my bike, loves you mom .... :)

Any way it was unforgettable experience for me and my grateful to God that made my trip possible, safe n sound. And my personal gratitude to Satriyo my ride partner.

0 comments: